Cecil Field Military Training Facility
Make Cecil Field Your Next Stop for a Training Deployment or Weekend Flight.
Longest Runway in FL at 12,503 feet!
Million Air Jacksonville - Your premier FBO and Military Training Facility with 12,500 Ft. Runway plus two 8,000 Ft. Runways
Military Flight Support at Million Air Jacksonville
Cecil Field is home to some of the best training facilities on the East Coast. A former Navy Master Jet Base, this airfield has all of the pieces needed for successful operations away from home — superb operations support facilities, low cost logistics support, access to great ranges and target complexes and incredible off-duty recreational opportunities. With traffic volume at just a fraction of airfield capacity, operations can be uniquely tailored to the squadron needs. If you need something special, just ask. We'll do everything possible to make it happen! Make Cecil Field your next stop for a training deployment or weekend flight.
Military Detachment Support
The Million Air Jacksonville specializes in Military Detachment Training Support. Our operations and maintenance building complex offers everything you need for a successful det.
Hot (Rapid) Refueling
Hot Refueling Available for FA-18’s, F-15’s, E-2/C-2’s, CV/MV-22’s, AV-8’s and CH-53's. Call to coordinate. Fully authorized by DLA. Available 7 days per week. Hot refueling is ZERO CONTACT so there is no threat of COVID 19 infection. We email completed fuel chit to you!
Cecil Field Highlights
- Yes! We have government contract fuel!
- Airfield operates 24/7 with no PPR required
- Air to Air and Air to Ground ranges nearby
- Numerous Low Level MTR’s (Military Training routes); 2 commence right from Cecil Field
- Hangar with 3000 sq. ft. available for squadron use as needed
- Additional 6,500SF Ops/Maint building space
- 12,503 Ft. Runway plus two 8,000 Ft. Runways
- Air Traffic Control Tower operates 0700-2300 M-F; 0700-2100 S-S
- ILS, VOR, GPS & TACAN Approaches
- Suitable for NVG training
- Low volume traffic in pattern and on taxiways
- Large buffer area surrounding field for safety and noise concerns
- Large open ramp areas
- Fire protection – 24 Hour Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting
- 24 hour secure airside (Gated with badge controlled access to runway/ramp areas)
- Generally excellent year round flying weather
- 24 hour fuel support
Training/ Ops Building
- 6500 sq. ft. of Training/Classrooms in two buildings
- Large and fully outfitted maintenance control with counter and desks, direct access to ramp and aircraft
- Ops Duty Office- Complete with briefing TVs, VHF radio, UHF antenna connection
- Numerous briefing rooms for pilots complete with white boards
- Ready room – large enough to seat 30 or more pilots
- Wireless high-speed internet throughout the entire building complex
- NMCI with 84 drops in Maintenance and 16 in Operations
- Central Heat & Air throughout the entire building
- Offices for CAG/CO/XO and QA, Scheduling and Ops
- Plenty of FREE parking for pilots and ground crew
- Kitchen areas complete with coffee, microwave, toasters and refrigerators
Auxiliary Airfield for Landing Practice – US Navy operated
OLF Whitehouse Field (NEN) – 6.5 mi. North of Cecil Field (scheduled through NAS Jacksonville Air Operations). It’s dark at night and you can use a 600 foot FCLP pattern just like at the boat!
- Hangar available for O level maintenance
- Limited FA-18 maintenance support available through Fleet Readiness Center Southeast (located at Cecil)
- Yellow gear available including electric and air carts (huffers)
- Hi Power areas
- Compass rose
- Paraloft – With explosive site approval and hooks for 60 sets of flight gear, large inspection table
- Ready Service Locker available with prior coordination
- Line shacks
- Hazmat locker and oily rag disposal area
- 250,000 sq. ft. concrete ramp with tie downs
- In depth FOD program for ramps and runways
- Rapid (Hot) Refueling service with Navy qualified ground crews
- The FIRST and ONLY commercial DLA authorized hot refueling site for fixed wing aircraft in the United States
- Contract Fuel (DLA-Energy) – Jet A1+ fuel available
Military Divert Fields Available
- NAS Jacksonville – 10 miles East with arresting gear
- NAS Mayport – 25 miles NE with arresting gear
- Jacksonville International – 20 mile NE with arresting gear
Million Air Jacksonville - Your premier FBO In Northeast Florida
The area’s largest and least expensive airport serving all your corporate and private flying needs.